Friday, June 5, 2009

The Exchange

I entered in a writing contest a few weeks ago. The premise is that death hasn't met his quota so he is collecting souls and decides to hold a tournament. Teams of 1-3 can enter to rescue one soul, and only one team wins. All the losers remain in Hell, thus increasing the number of souls in hell. I entered Jaana, James, and a new character named Maarc, competing for the soul of Jaana and James' daughter Audreia. We had to write up profiles for the characters on the team, and then write an audition piece that met certain guidelines. About 130 people auditioned and 64 made it. I was one of them! I know it's not a huge deal, but it is cool that I competed against some people and was selected. The contest works like a tournament, where everybody is paired up and given a prompt, and the best result moves to the next round until the end. My friends Fiona (LadyRiverLark) and Sharayah (Xelona) are also in the tournament.

If you want to look at the profiles and auditions (mine is under evilnel, close to the top), check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment